Monday, April 18, 2011

Looking For New Homes

As I look back at my last post I realize how time flies when you're having fun. Working in the studio makes time fly faster than seeing your children all grown up and wondering when that happened! Art works are like your family. You live with them all around you, some you know are ready to fly out the door, some still need a little 'tweaking' here and there, and others are so precious you don't want to part with them. But no holding back, my paintings are ready to find fresh new walls! That said, I have two concurrent solo shows in the Portland area to share with you.

Thanks to Providence Health and Services and Clackamas County Arts Alliance, I will be the exhibiting artist at Providence Milwaukie Hospital Gallery from Tues. Apr 19th through Tues. July 19th, 2011. Directions for the hospital can be found on the Providence site. The Hospital Gallery is in the first hallway on the right after entering the building from lot D. Hopefully you will enjoy the works as a visitor, patron or employee. I have heard so many good things about the gallery space from other artist friends and health care professionals.

I am also pleased to have been invited to exhibit at the beautiful new location for Dwell Realty at 5625 NE MLK Jr. Blvd in Portland. The offices have plenty of windows to enjoy an artistic view inside and out. As a participant in Portland's Last Thursday Art Event please consider this your invite to join in the festivities Thurs. April 28th at their new digs and enjoy music, snacks, beverages, fine art, and great company! The exhibit will be up through the end of May. Hope to see you there to celebrate with professional (and fun loving) owners, Tracy Hicks and Chris Guinn. Check out their Face book page. There you will find a descriptive post card announcing this event. You can also see fun photos from their grand opening party in the new neighborhood. Maybe my paintings will literally find NEW HOMES! With a few dozen works leaving my studio space, I am already enjoying the elbow room for working on larger canvases! So this is what an empty nest is all about.

As always I appreciate you taking the time to peruse my blog, events, and artworks on my website as well. The image above "Window Box Geraniums" is one of 14 art works at Providence Milwaukie. Click here for one of the images appearing at Dwell Realty.

Have an art filled month, a Happy Easter, and hopefully SUNNY SPRING WEATHER SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment