Tuesday, April 13, 2010

California Dream'n

I have been preparing for a painting road trip. It is almost here! It is exciting to be reuniting with members of API a very talented group of plein air painters from across the United States. Our destination is the coastal area near Cambria, CA. The painting to the left was done when we last met in this area. We were painting on the beach near Morro Bay but as I looked upward the sun was hitting the front of this beach house so brilliantly it captured my complete attention. The misty atmosphere was lifting along the tree line and masking the distant hillside. Soft ocean breezes were refreshing us as we painted in that liquid sunshine. Over the years stonger breezes have shaped these rugged trees giving the coastline its unique silhouette. There is as much variety in this landscape as there is in this multitalented API group. One of the events planned is an informal panel discussion by select API members in Paso Robles at Studios on the Park. The topic will be "Finding Your Voice" as artists, Friday April 23rd at 5 PM. It will be an inspiring evening complete with a reception for artists and guests. I am looking forward to the California sunshine and hope it follows me to my doorstep in Oregon. My return will be just in time for the Columbia Art & Agriculture Exhibit in Hood River, OR. I am hoping to be blogging during this trip and sharing some of my plein air adventures as time permits.

1 comment:

  1. great article--I hope you have an outstanding trip--I will see you at the art and agriculture reception!

    ReplyDelete