Sunday, January 27, 2013

An Artist's Journal






Lots of news that many already know but I'm excited to say we successfully moved our home and my studio to the Midwest. It is a new job for my husband and new vistas for me to paint! I was thrilled to complete a large commission in my former studio in Happy Valley, OR before having the sad job of dismantling that wonderful studio space.  I look forward to creating my next home studio.  For now I am making due in our rental space and finding lots of subjects of interest to put to canvas.  Travels have also interrupted my usual painting time but this all adds to my repertoire of photos, colors, and inspiration!

I miss my painting pals from Orgeon and am currently looking for any plein air painters in this IL area to paint outdoors (as weather permits). I have found an Art League in the nearby town of Ottawa in order to get to know local artists.  Still much to get used to and hope to keep adding to my blog as a journal of this experience.  My first entry is the painting above that I recently painted during a studio rental in Door County, WI.  The Peninsula School of Art in Fish Creek, WI allows artists to rent space during the break between workshops.  There is also a wonderful art exhibit currently at their Guenzel Salon Gallery.  See details on their website.  

My recent studio paintings were done alongside art colleagues from WI. Many are part of the Cedarburg Artists' Guild in Cedarburg,WI.  It is so great to be reunited again.  The room we rented upstairs is called the "Garret" Room.  These artists have been painting together for years and have a current exhibit called "10x10 Paint, Color, Blend by the Garret Girls" at Plymouth Arts Center in Plymouth Wisconsin. Jan.25- March 29.  Check it out if you are in the area!

Door County is a vacation destination and a haven for art, artists, and galleries.  There is so much to see and do in every season so please check out the many websites you will find about this area.  It's also widely known for it's tasty tart and sweet cherries and cherry orchards thus my alla prima oil painting above entitled "The Door County Ten" 3x12, in honor of my friends.  What a fun time painting it too!  I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment